OCCUPATIONAL DRUG & ALCOHOL TESTING SERVICES
PLS offers Drug and Alcohol Testing Houston Texas that is legally-admissible and may be submitted in every situation involving social services and/or the courts.
Some Drug and Alcohol Testing Houston Texas situations include: testing needed by individuals for new welfare laws, testing needed by social services to process foster care requirements, or paternity testing needed by the court to settle family matters.
With PLS, our professional Drug and Alcohol Testing Houston Texas collectors follow proper procedures to make sure the results you receive are reliable, accurate, and confidential, especially when it comes to families and judicial matters.
- Rapid drug screening services (same day results)
- Development of a Drug and Alcohol Policy
- Federal Compliant Specimen Handling
- Breath Alcohol Testing in Compliance with Federal Regulations
- Certified Laboratory Testing at a NIDA OR SAMHSA
- Medical Review Officer Services
- Random Selection of Employees
- Confidential Results Reporting
- Supervisor Training
- Employee Education Materials
- Drug and Alcohol Program Audits
- Review of Current Policy
- Laboratory GCMS confirmation testing services
- ETG Alcohol Testing
Benefits to having a drug-free workplace program:
- Increased productivity
- Reduced turnover
- Reduced tardiness
- Reduced absenteeism
- Safer work environment
- Saving of valuable time on the hiring process
- Hiring only drug-free employees
- Reduced health insurance costs
- Workers Comp Insurance Incentives
Drug Testing Information
IMPLEMENTING A DRUG TESTING PROGRAM
An effective drug testing program needs a drug testing policy. This may be part of the organization’s drug-free workplace policy, or it may be a separate document. It should be distributed to all employees. The best protection against future legal challenges is to write a policy that is as detailed and specific as possible. Enclosed you will find helpful information about policies, testing, and the legal concerns of a drug testing program.
WHEN SHOULD YOU DRUG TEST?
Below are examples of situations in which drug testing might be appropriate or necessary:
- Pre-Employment Tests. Offering employment only after a negative drug test result.
- Goal: To decrease the chance of hiring someone who is currently using or abusing drugs.
- Pre-Promotion Tests. Testing employees prior to promotion within the organization.
- Goal: To decrease the chance of promoting someone who is currently using or abusing drugs.
- Annual Physical Tests. Testing employees for alcohol and other drug use as part of their annual physical.
- Goal: To identify current users and abusers so they can be referred for assistance and/or disciplinary action.
- Reasonable Suspicion and For Cause Tests. Testing employees who show obvious signs of being unfit for duty (For Cause) or have documented patterns of unsafe work behavior (Reasonable Suspicion).
- Goal: To protect the safety and wellbeing of the employee and other coworkers and to provide the opportunity for rehabilitation if the employee tests positive.
- Random Tests. Testing a selected group of employees at random and unpredictable times. Most commonly used in safety- and security sensitive positions.
- Goal: To discourage use and abuse by making testing unpredictable and to identify current users and abusers so they can be referred for assistance and/or disciplinary action if needed.
- Post-Accident Tests. Testing employees who are involved in an accident or unsafe practice incident to help determine whether alcohol or other drug use was a factor.
- Goal: To protect the safety of the employees, and to identify and refer to treatment those persons whose alcohol or other drug use threatens the safety of the workplace.
- Treatment Follow up Tests. Periodically testing employees who return to work after participating in an alcohol or other drug rehabilitation program.
- Goal: To encourage and ensure that employees remain drug-free after they have completed the first stages of treatment.
Why Choose Us?
- Over 15 Years of Experience
- Same Day Results
- On-Line Reporting
- Fast and Accurate Services
- Focus on Prevention & Screening
- Works Closely With You to Facilitate Your Needs
- Provide Plain-Spoken Guidance, Insight & Advice
- Coordinate Your Tests, Treatments & Return Visits
- Majority of Our Services Can Be Performed and Results Provided Without the Need For a Return Visit